Journeys Storytelling Events
YOUR STORIES CONNECT YOU…
That’s why we work to find the stories at the core of everything. Journeys is a tried and tested experiential communications and training platform designed to help participants recognize insights, share impacts, and explore new territories through an unforgettable, in-depth, immersive storytelling experience.
At the end of the event, participants see themselves as a part of a shared journey. They watch as core values come to life. They are more informed on key challenges and messages, more seasoned as storytellers, and more connected as a group. Journeys brings your most important stories to life – stories that will reverberate outwards in the days and weeks that follow, in memory, through video, and through personal retellings.
WHY JOURNEYS STORYTELLING?
• Everyone participates, everyone connects, and everyone benefits.
• Too often, we forget powerpoint slides and data – but we remember stories.
• Sharing stories is up to 22 times more effective than sharing data (Chip and Dan Heath, Made to Stick).
• Journeys makes your origins more accessible, your impacts more memorable and your visions more lively.
• Journeys brings your values to life, and strengthens the fabric of your culture.
• Connect with your organization’s values and accomplishments as never before
• Learn how to talk about your work in an inspiring, memorable way
• Understand what makes up a good story and how to find and tell your own
• Gain media-ready key stories from leadership and team members through pre-event presentation coaching
• Connect with fellow attendees and team members on a deeper, more visceral level
• Learn the stories that build the organization as a whole
• Have fun!
HOW IT WORKS
• We begin by clarifying your goals and developing your theme and sub-themes for the day.
• Through a series of short sessions with each selected leader, we find and shape the stories for the event.
• We craft a frame of stories and experiences that represents your greater company journey so everyone feels a part of it.
• We deliver an experience that includes curated leadership stories, inspiring and educational frameworks and teachings, practices and exercises to connect audience members more deeply and authentically to one another.
• We create a workbook for the event, complete with story tips and summarized talking points of each planned story.
“Heading into our shareholder offsite, I needed something more than just a keynote – something that could show a real sense of connection and vision. In addition to helping me personally, you guided our team with great stories from our past 100 years so we could see our readiness for the next 100. Home run!”
-Charles Rossen, CEO, Woodruff-Sawyer & Co.
“I learned a tremendous amount about the power of stories, and about some cool new people. During the time I spent thinking about my aha moment and working with you on the story, I also learned a lot about myself.”
-Maya Chorengel, Journeys Participant, Founder and Managing Director, Elevar Equity
“The personal vignettes in my memories Jay helped me see as seminal events in a wonderful journey. Their meaning was revealed once the full story arc developed under his guidance.”
-Linda M. Rosen, M.D., M.P.H., Director, Department of Health, State of Hawaii
“I went to a TEDx a few days before I attended Journeys. I thought Journeys was much more interesting, and much more connecting.”
-Sandie Dorman, Attendee, Board Member, Adversity2Advocacy
Milestones • Retreats • Conferences • Management training • Capacity Building • Team Building • Leadership Transitions